Artist - Sohini Dhar
Year of Birth:1963
Style: Abstract, Figurative
- Bachelor of Fine Art (BFA) : 1st class : 1978 -1983 } KalaBhavan
- Master of Fine Art (MFA) : 1st : 1983 -1985 } Vishwa-Bharati
- Ph.d., awarded in 1992, from Vishwa Bharati University
Theme:"Landscape as Expression in Indian Traditional Painting"
Supervisor: Dr. Jayanta Chakraborty
Scholarships / Awards
- University Merit Scholarship at BFA & MFA levels.
- National Educational Talent (NET), U.G.C. Junior Research Fellowship 1986 -1991
Seminar : participation / Organisation
- "Panorama of Bengal Painting", Indian Museum Calcutta, 1987.
- "International Seminar on Ajanta", M.S.University, Baroda, 1988.
"Art of Orissa", Bhubaneswar, 1989.
"Re-Evalution of Art Education", Rabindra Bharati University, 1995.
- "Significance of Folk Art in the Contemporary Indian Art Scene" Rabindra Bharati University 1996
- "Trends in Modern Indian Art : Present and Future", Rabindra Bharati University, 1997
Presentation Of Papers
- "Month of Art" organised by Alliance Francaise de' Calcutta, 1990.
- "Re-Reading of Indian Art", National Seminar organised by Lalit Kala Akademi, Calcutta, 1996.
Major Exhibitions / Workshops
- 1982,85 - Annual Exhibition Kala Bhavan, Santiniketan.
- 1983,85,84 - Annual Exhibition, Birla Academy, Calcutta.
- 1985 - Young Painters Workshop, Rabindra Bharati University.
- 1986 - Group of Four Painters Workshop, Academy of Fine Arts, Calcutta.
- 1991,93 - West Bengal State Academy, Calcutta.
- 1991 - Open Air Exhibition, Birla Academy, Calcutta.
- 1993 - "A Tribute to Nature", Gallery BF 14, Calcutta.
- 1993 - Summer Show, Gallery Ganesha, New Delhi.
- 1993 - Joint Show, Alliance Francaise de Madras.
- 1994 - Bharat Bhavan, Bhopal.
- 1994 - National Exhibition of Lalit Kala Akademi.
- 1994 - Art Hertiage, New Delhi.
- 1995 - West Bengal Woman Painters Camp, Calcutta.
- 1996 - Eight Woman Painters Birla Academy, Calcutta.
- 1997 - "Panchadashi", Gallery La Mere, Calcutta.
- 1997 - "Samrat", Birla Academy, Calcutta.
- 1998 - Charukala utsav
- 1998 - Surya Gallery, Annual Show, Hyderabad
- 1998 - TATA Steel Workshop & Exhibition, Jamshedpur & Calcutta
- 1998 - "Shakti", Gallerie La mere, Calcutta
- "Miniature Landscapes", India Magazine, October, 1990.
- "The Blue Canopy of Earth", Nandan, December, 1990.
- "The Appeal of Nature", Art Hertiage, 1994.
- "RABINDRANATH TAGORE. A Pictorial Sojouru", Vichitra, 1999
- Obtained guidance in painting for several years from Sri. K.G.Subramaniam, Porf.Emeritus, Viswa Bharati.
- Worked on a project, "Existing Miniature Painting Traditions" in the centres of Jaipur, Kishengarh, Bhilwara, Udaipur and Nathadwara.
- Studied and researched the Miniature collections at the centres of Bharat Kala Bhavan,
Benaras; American Institute, Ramnagar; National Museum, New Delhi; City Palace
Museum, jaipur; Sangram Singh Collection, Jaipur; Prince of Wales Museum, Mumbai;
State Museum, Baroda, Indian Museum, Calcutta.
- Edited and Compiled "Rural Terracottas of Eastern India" Crafts Council of India.
- Teaching Experience at Shree Shikshayantan College, Calcutta.
- Lecturer in History of Art, kala Bhavan, Viswa Bharati University.
This is to state that I, Bishwaji Banerjee, recently wrote an article on Ganesh Pyne for a catalogue of a show of works from the artist held at Chennai. This is to clarify that I or Artworld had nothing to do whatsoever with the Curating, Mounting and Sourcing of the works in the show.