Artist - S G Vasudev
S G Vasudev
Year of Birth:1941
Born in Mysore (Karnataka) in 1941, S.G.Vasudev received recognition as a painter early in his career.
- He has held solo exhibitions in different parts of India and the world (including Canada, the USA and Germany).
- Exhibitions of his drawings based on the late A.K.Ramanujan's poetry and translations, titled "Tribute to Ramanujan", have been held in Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, London and Chicago.
- Vasudev has participated in several important group exhibitions in India and abroad (including the Triennale India, the Paris Biennale, the Havana Biennale).
- India's National Gallery of Modern Art show in Washington.
- The Festival of India in Tokyo
- "The New South - Contemporary Painting & Sculpture from South India" in London.
- He was awarded a National Scholarship by the Government of India in 1964, while he was a student of the Government College of Art, Madras.
- National award from the All India Lalit Kala Academy in 1967
- He has won recognition for his work in the form of several prestigious awards, including those instituted by India's National Academy of Art, the State Academies of Art in Karnataka and Tamil Nadu, and the Government of Karnataka.
This is to state that I, Bishwaji Banerjee, recently wrote an article on Ganesh Pyne for a catalogue of a show of works from the artist held at Chennai. This is to clarify that I or Artworld had nothing to do whatsoever with the Curating, Mounting and Sourcing of the works in the show.